30 Important Questions... The Expired Listings Survey...Why Do Homes Not Sell?
30 Important Questions... The Expired Listings Survey
Why Do Homes Not Sell?
- Why did your listing or home not sell?
- What could have been done differently?
- Was the price incorrect? Was the price adjusted during the listing period? Was the home listed with the agent because they quoted the "highest price"?
- Was the home listing with the "listing agent" because the agent was
"a friend"? If so did that make it easier or harder to work with that person?
- Had the "listing agent' sold many homes?
- Had the "listing agent" have negotiation training? What designations did the agent hold?
- What did the "listing agent" past customer think about that agents abilities? Would they use that agent again?
- Was the home listed because the agent offered the lowest commission? Or did that matter? Did the "listing agent" compare the relationship of "Price" to "Time to Sell".
- Was a market analyze prepared with "up to date information" at the listing presentation?
- Were market updates provided during the listing period?
- How long was the home listed?
- Did the agent hold an open house and invite the neighborhood?
- Was the listing adverted on the Internet or in print?
- Were there "flyers" available in the house and on the street? Were the flyers in Color?
- Was the house "staged"?
- Was there regular "feedback" from other agents given to the homeowner?
- Did the agent list and forget the home? Did they just wait for the home to sell by another agent?
- Was the newspaper classified used?
- What websites were used to advertise the listings?
- Was the agent "full time" or "part time"?
- Was the agent "experienced"?
- Was the agent with a real estate company known for selling homes? What is their market share in the community?
- Did the agent have paid staff to service the listing?
- Did the agent "prequalify" all prospective purchasers with an experience lender?
- Did the agent promote the home to other agents in their community?
- Did the agent explain "agency" on the initial meeting?
- Did the agent offer a "marketing" plan?
- Is the agent a "Broker"?
- Does the agent return phone calls in a timely manner?
- Does the agent offer a visual tour of the home?
Any ideas on this list? Did I cover all areas? What are your thoughts on "Expired" Listings?
If you looking for a new home call Click Here to see the latest Cumming, Ga MLS Listings