Tips for Sellers on Selling their Homes
- Make the house look like a MODEL HOME.
- Everything from floors to windows must be spotless.
- Remember to clean the oven and other major appliances.
- Skylights should be crystal-clear, too.
- Change out light bulbs. Make sure the ones in the closet work.
- Make the Beds.
- Get rid of excessive collections, pillows, pictures, etc.
- Do not forget to make bathrooms shine! Put up personal toiletries. Clean the Bathtub. Buy decorative towels and soaps.
- Kill the offensive odors. They're the first thing buyers notice, and often a permanent turnoff.
- Do not have pets in the house while the home is being shown.
- Eliminate Clutter. Rent a storage building and store the clutter. Pack up children’s toys.
- Put away small kitchen appliances and other items that are sitting on countertops and tables.
- Remove photographs from table-tops.
- Organize the closets.
- If there's not a reason to leave something sitting around--remove it!
- Paint a neutral color.
- Consider replacing the carpet and other flooring.
- Consider upgrading appliances or countertops.
- Have the furnace and air conditioner serviced.
- Have a home inspection and make all repairs.
- Hire a Home Stager.
- Play soft music during showings.
- Open Blinds and keep Lights on. Dark house don’t sell.
- Have your home available to show even in short notice.
- Buyers nearly always comment if gutters are full of leaves and it makes them question other maintenance issues.
- Paint the house or the trim, if needed.
- Plant Flowers.
- Place Rocking Chairs on the porch if there is room.
- Remove all ashtrays from the porch.
- Have a pool clean and serviced. Leave out the servicing information.
- Pressure Wash the Sidewalks and Driveway. Be careful to pressure wash the siding of your home. Some siding can be harmed from pressure washing. Check with local professionals about this.
- Store or organize items that make the yard look messy.
- Make your front entry inviting. Decorate it, paint the door or buy a new door. It's the first look.
- Cut the Grass and trim the bushes.
- Stand on the street and look at the house. Does it have appeal.
If you looking for a new home call Click Here to see the latest Cumming, Georgia MLS Listings www.AtlantaHomeStore.com
Presented by Teresa Johnson and the www.AtlantaHomeStore.com Team with AtlantaHomeStore.com 770-888-0021